Femi Pedro Begs Nigerians To Give Dr. Betta Edu The Ex-minister Of Npower One More Chance

According to Npower, the former Lagos deputy governor Mr. Femi Pedro in a statement on Wednesday, said Dr. Betta Edu will learn from her mistakes and properly conduct herself in the future.


The former deputy governor of Lagos said “I first met Dr. Betta Edu the ex-minister in charge of Npower, when Edu was introduced to me as a candidate for Women Leader of our party in Abuja early 2022."


"Shortly after, Dr. Betta Edu the ex-minister in charge of Npower, was in Lagos on a courtesy visit and I immediately liked her charisma, her boldness and confidence.


“Dr Betta Edu the ex-minister in charge of Npower radiates confidence, was eloquent, knew what she wanted and appeared to me as focused, determined and ambitious. Dr. Betta Edu the ex-minister in charge of Npower later won the election and became the Party’s Women Leader.


“Dr Betta Edu worked very hard during the campaign. Edu was everywhere mobilizing women, campaigned with the Presidential Campaign team across the Federation, and participated in most of the events.


“We are all familiar with all her offences and her suspension by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and interrogation by the EFCC.


This is as it should be. I hope and pray that at the end of the day, Edu would have learned a hard lesson on how to conduct herself as a civil servant.


“Dr. Betta Edu the ex-minister in charge of Npower, is like a daughter to me and I feel really sorry for her for the unfortunate situation she finds herself in. I asked myself what if she is my daughter? Would I disown her? She is a promising bright star who could have served this nation in higher capacities.”


According to Npower, Mr. Femi Pedro advised Nigerian youths appointed into public offices to get a mentor with some level of integrity to guide them.


According to Mr. Femi Pedro "The nation needs more young people in civil service and I hope Dr. Betta Edu's misadventure will not discourage others in her age bracket."


“My advice to all Nigerian youths who are appointed to service in public office is to seek out a mentor of a public officer serving or retired with some measure of integrity and good record who will guide and mentor them on how to navigate the challenges encountered with public office.


“There are still many young, smart, focused, and dedicated young Nigerian men and women out there who are interested in the civil service at the leadership level not because of the juicy appointment and power but for the genuine desire to serve the country and the people at large."


"I urge Dr. Betta Edu not to be discouraged but to continue to pursue her dream. The nation needs her.”

Comments

Popular Posts