Npower News: I Am Not Involved In ₦438,100,000 Contract – Olubunmi Tunji Ojo

According to Npower News, Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (Minister of Interior) has said that he is not to be linked with ₦438,100,000 consultancy contract between New Planet Project Limited and the Ministry in charge of Npower, that is the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.


According to Npower News, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had earlier instructed the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Mr. Ola Olukoyede, to prove all transactions and transfer of funds involving the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (the ministry in charge of Npower).


Dr Betta Edu was the minister in charge of Npower until President Bola Ahmed Tinubu relieved her of her duties.


According to Npower News, Dr. Betta Edu the ex-Minister in charge of Npower, was criticized after a leaked memorandum on December 20, 2023, showed that the ex-Minister in charge of Npower, requested the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), Mrs. Oluwatoyin Madein, to make payment of ₦585,000,000 to a personal account owned by Mrs. Oniyelu Bridget, who acts as the Project Accountant for the Grants for Vulnerable Groups (GVG).


Information gathered from reliable sources, stated that a company owned by the Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (Minister of Interior) received ₦438,100,000 by the ex-Minister in charge of Npower Dr. Betta Edu for consulting services.


According to reports “The company, New Planet Project Limited was one of the numerous consultants awarded contracts from ₦3,000,000,000 given out by the ex-minister in charge of Npower Dr. Betta Edu for the National Social Register contract."


In response to this allegations, Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (Minister of Interior) while appearing on Channels TV Politics Today, disclosed that he established the company ten years ago, but resigned as the company's director in 2019 to pursue his political ambition.


Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo (Minister of Interior) was surprised about the allegations towards him, he was a mere shareholder in the company and was not involved in the daily operations of the company (New Planet Project Limited).


Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo the minister of interior said “I have to say this, I saw it and I was amazed because the company in question was a company, where I was the director.


“About 5 years ago, I resigned as the director of New Planet Project Limited. Yes, I established the company ten years ago. In 2019 and when I was elected as a member of the House of Representatives, I resigned as the company's director. I resigned as the company's director on the 4th of February 2019 with a Certified True Copy of Corporate Affairs Commission as far back as 2019 to buttress my claims.”


According to Npower News, Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo the minister of interior, said he came into the civil service having it at the back of his mind that Nigerians would ask questions, charge relevant agencies to investigate the contract processes.


Mr Olubunmi Tunji Ojo the minister of interior further said, “I do not run the company. I am not aware of the contract. I did not sign any account. I am not a director of the company."


“The company is a limited liability company, which is a private entity. So if the company is a private entity, of course, I am still a shareholder, and to the best of my understanding civil service rule does not prevent public officers from being shareholders."


“What civil service rule says is that you cannot be a director, of which I had resigned about 5 years ago."


"I have no business with this allegations, absolutely no business. Because I am not involved in the daily operations of the company. I do not get contracts for the company. I do not bid for the company. I am not a signatory to the company’s account. I am not involved."


“So the company is an limited liability company an entity of its own. If then, the question should be was the contract awarded to the company? If the answer is yes. Then the question is was due process adhered to? It is a yes. Did the company deliver on the contract? If it is a yes. Then number three is that did the company deliver the contract in line with the terms and agreement of the contract? If it is a no, then they should be sanctioned by law”.

Comments

Popular Posts